Friday, September 19, 2008

San Francisco, CA (March 2008)

House of NanKing
919 Kearny St
San Francisco, CA
415-421-1429
This little gem is in Chinatown and it is truly one of those hole in the wall places where you will think twice about going in but...go in..it's safe! If Peter is there, tell him you have no dietary restrictions and see what he comes up with for you! I was in San fran in March and I was with a group of folks and we went in for a family meal. All kinds of stuff from shrimp cakes to chicken with sweet potatoes and apples (it's really good I promise!).

Scoma's
Pier 47
San Francisco, CA
http://www.scomas.com/

I hate this place so much because it is located in SAN FRANCISCO!!!! Just kidding, I love Scoma's! Everytime I am there, I make it a part of the trip. Everything they have there is great. We love their cioppino!Order it and ask for a to go container because you're going to need it. I always get the seafood platter and nearly die because I try to finish it all!

July 2007 (went to a wedding reception here)

Hong Kong East Ocean Restaurant
http://www.hongkongeastocean.com/
3199 Powell Street
Emeryville, CA 94608
I went to a wedding reception on Saturday here and had a ten course meal!! Check this out:
Course 1:Hong Kong East Ocean Assortment Platter (this had roasted pork and chicken, jellyfish, sirloin steak, seaweed and octopus)

Course 2: Golden Craw Claws (this was a crab claw with minced shrimp fried up into a huge crispy thingy)

Course 3:Stir fried cuttlefish, scallops and jade greens (jade greens are really broccoli..who would have thunk it...this dish was great!)

Course 4: Royal Shark Fin Soup with Crab Meat (I didn't like this one..but my husband ate his and mine)

Course 5:Braised Fresh Abalone with Sea Cucumbers (this was ok..abalone is kinda bland though)

Course 6:Braised Lobster with Cream Sauce (now this was a tasty treat!!!!)

Course 7:Cracking Peking Duck (this was served with these little sandwich thingy with some onions and hoison sauce!!)

Course 8:House Smoked Fillet of Black Cod (I love this one too!!)

Course 9:Fried Rice with Garlic and Seafood (another good one!)

Course 10:Chilled Mango Pudding (this came out in the shape of a lobster..it was so good..I had two!!)

Course 11: (not really)wedding cake!!! lemon!

No comments: