Friday, September 19, 2008

New York, NY

Maggie Brown
455 Myrtle Ave
Brookklyn NY 11205
718-643-7001
http://www.maggiebrownrestaurant.com/index.php
This place was really good. It's really tiny and it was packed. Food is reasonably priced and you get a lot. I had the Maggie Brown Fried Fish Club. It was a huge sandwich. I could have shared...but I didn't. I also had the sangria there. Very light drink with fresh fruit.

Garrett Popcorn
242 W 34th St. - 1 Penn Plaza
On 34th between 7th & 8thNew York, NY 10119http://www.garrettpopcorn.com/(apparently the only one in New York, the rest are in Chicago)I love cheese popcorn...love it! Beware, if you eat the popcorn here, go home first and wear a shirt you don't care about or get naked cause it's gonna be all over you!!! Very good cheese popcorn...expensive though!

Dani's Grocery
97-01 23rd Avenue
East Elmhurst, NY11369
Nothing special about this place...I wanted some Jamaican beef patties and this place had them for like a $1.25 They were cold but the guy will heat them up for you.

Empire Sports Bar (inside the Marriott Laguardia Airport Hotel)
102-05 Ditmars Boulevard
East Elmhurst, New York 11369
The burgers are huge here...for $14 they better be!!! Hot wings so hot, I had to ask for bread to soak up the spices!!

Chef Ho's (I went here many years ago...I will post the info later)

No comments: