Friday, September 19, 2008

Honolulu, Hawaii (Aug/Sep 2007)

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ala Moana Shopping Center
1450 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 3253
Honolulu, HI 96814
Tel 808-949-GUMP (4867)
Fax 808-952-0400
This is a chain restaurant and surprisingly...very good. Food service is quick but the server in Honolulu appeared to be stoned...then again...maybe I was the strange one. I ordered the Boat Trash (fried shrimp, mahi mahi and lobster)..everything was good except the lobster. It was too tough so I didn't eat it. I ordered a drink called Peach Rock and Roll or something like that that came in a glass you can keep. That was really good. I spent $40 on lunch so that was ok considering it was a lot and I had one adult beverage.

Tapa Cafe
Hilton Hawaiian Village
2005 Kaila Drive
Honolulu, HI (Waikiki area)
808-949-4321 ext. 26.
Due to a stupid mistake by the hotel (I got in late at 4AM from my international flight and these bozos gave me the key to someone else's room..imagine..4AM..someone enters your room...yeah..just like that), I got free breakfast at this place. Well, it was worth me staying up the additional hour and a half to eat it. ...it's a breakfast buffet but it had great things on the breakfast menu such as grilled salmon, rice, miso soup, sushi among the traditional breakfast items. Cost is $23 a person but worth it in my opinion..I drank so much damn guava juice there!

Ala Moana Shopping Center
http://www.alamoana.com/
1450 ALA MOANA BOULEVARD
HONOLULU, HI 96814 (808) 955-9517
This is truly a great place to shop from the cheapos like me (Sears, Old Navy)to the discriminating tastes (Armani, Hermes, Prada, etc..). It's the largest open air mall and it's pretty cool!

Wailana Coffee House
18620 Ala Moana
Honolulu, HI
808-95-1764
You eat here because it's CHEAP..I got the breakfast special for $5.75 this morning...I couldn't even eat it all!!! Mai Tais are like $3-$4 here which is NOTHING.....

Tapa Bar
Hilton Hawaiian Village
2005 Kaila Drive
Honolulu, HI (Waikiki area)
808-949-4321 ext. 26.
They have live Hawaiian entertainment every night. I caught the show there last night and it was really good. Drinks are really good...think Hawaiian pina coladas and daiquiris with the umbrellas and the weird names!

Hatsuhana
808-946-8287
2005 Kalia Rd
Honolulu, HI
This is a Japanese restaurant located in the Hilton Hawaiian Village area. Two in New York and one in Hawaii. I ate there enroute to the Marshall Islands. It's ok...not great but ok. Food prices are reasonable like lunch specials for $8-$10. The Japanese sweet potato is very good..it's purple but tasted really good. I ordered the combo lunch plate or whatever it is called and it cost $16 and came with miso soup, salad, rice, cali rolls, tempura and chicken teriyaki.

No comments: