Friday, September 19, 2008

Orlando, FL (June 2007)

Palmera's Restaurant
(Puerto Rican cuisine)
6917 Municipal Drive
Orlando FL 32819
This place is kinda like a hidden gem. Kinda off the beaten path but the food is authentic and the service is kinda like having your mom serve you...the lady scolded me (in a friendly) manner cause I was too full to finish my food! Anyway, I went there two days in a row for lunch. Their fried chicken is delicious and is seasoned very well. Probably the best I have ever had. The beans and rice are to die for! Empanadas are good too. I had a cubano sandwich. It was ok but I am not into shreded pork sandwiches. Tried something called mofongo....umm...acquired taste but it's plantains with garlic and pork skins. My coworker loved it but I didn't. Anyway, here's a review:
http://orlandocitybeat.metromix.com/bars-and-clubs/orlent-restaurants-palmeras-s,0,2375928.story?coll=orlnatent-headlines-top


168 Chinese Restaurant
7721 Turkey Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819
(407) 363-1688
This place was...ok, nothing spectacular

No comments: