Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oxnard, CA (September 24th, 2008)

Thai Corner
2131 N. Oxnard Blvd
Oxnard, CA
805- 983-8885

I ordered take out from this restaurant on Wednesday. This was my second time coming here. Rarely do I frequent Thai places...I guess because sometimes I forget they exist? I know, shame on me. Thai Corner is simply put....in a corner off the busy Oxnard Blvd in Oxnard. The restaurant used to be an Arby's many moons ago. The location is large and well decorated with traditional fabrics, artwork and pictures. Now on to the food...I wasn't sure what to order and my husband is pretty picky when it comes to certain foods. I wanted an appetizer so I ordered the angel wings. Unfortunately, they were out. The order taker suggested that I try the Royal Shrimp so I did. This was a slightly spiced shrimp cooked in a wonton skin served with a sweet chili sauce. I was surprised at the size of the order...quite impressive for a dish that was $8.95

For my dinner, I order the Garlic and Pepper Chicken.....moist, succulent chicken in a medium brown sauce with crunchy peppers and onions. There were also fresh cucumbers slices in there along with cilantro for an extra kick. For the hubby, I ordered pepper steak..a unique cocktail of pineapples, seasonings and flavorful steak. Let's just say he ate the whole thing ....

I will definitely return to this restaurant again. Now I know where they are..that hidden gem of a corner!

No comments: