Thursday, June 4, 2009

La Botte Italian Restaurant (Lompoc, CA) June 2009

La Botte Italian Restaurant
812 North H Street
Lompoc, California 93436
805.736.8525
http://www.labotteitalianrestaurant.com/

Well, today is another glorious day and I am just now arriving back home from a business trip. On the way home, I stopped by La Botte in Lompoc for dinner. I had been passing by this place all week and finally decided..ok, let me check the place out. Well, I get there and didn't see many cars. I failed to realize the parking is in the back.....my dad used to say if a lot of cars are in front of a restaurant that was a good sign however he didn't say anything about cars in the back?? I digress! I park the shopping cart (you already know if you know me personally) and get out. I enter this huge wooden door to be greeted by a woman known as Mama Caterina. Mama Caterina is the owner of the restaurant and there is a sign stating that she makes all of the desserts herself. I'd glad to see she is plus size diva....a sure sign the food must be good. There were three tables that were occupied but as a few minutes passed, droves of people start entering the facility.

My waitress came over and brought me some water and the menus. I quickly browsed the menu. I must admit, I'm not a huge Italian food fan but this place was worth the visit. I ended up ordering the farfalle con salmone. This is one of my favorite pasta dishes and everywhere I have been it has been served quite different. This restaurant has loads of savory smoked salmon and shockingly..green peas! I love green peas so this was just a great mixer for me. The pasta was al dente and the sauce smooth and flavorful. I am used to this dish served rather spicy. I have a similar rendition that I make except I use Russia's favorite vodka and shrimp for that surprise taste!

I had the side salad which is pretty common everywhere with mixed greens, slivers of carrots and ranch dressing on the side. The house bread here...oh my goodness, I ate the entire serving. I was so ashamed..no I wasn't! It was warm and crispy. I wanted some to go but hey, I had enough for me and probably two other people.

It's still early in the month and I'm thinking this might be restaurant of the month. I like the fact that Mama Caterina is actually WORKING in the restaurant going table to table. There was another older woman there working and I wonder if she was Mama Caterina's mother or aunt. Never ask a woman's age...just don't!

I will be back to dine here when I am back in the area.

No comments: