Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jetty Restaurant (Lompoc, CA) June 2009

Jetty Restaurant
(805) 735-2400
304 West Ocean Avenue
Lompoc, CA 93436
http://www.jettyrestaurants.com/

Apparently this place is a local seafood favorite. I've been here before and as usual, I never behave...always over do it here! I ate dinner here on Wednesday night. They have these specials between 4PM and 6PM. Choices include steaks, grilled halibut and other items. I ordered the grilled halibut and did an add on of clam strips. Clam strips are always chewy but I love them! The early bird special comes with soup or salad. I opted for the clam chowder. In my opinion, this place has some of the best clam chowder ever and it even beats some of my favorite seafood restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area...yes I said it..hands down, the Jetty's clam chowder is loaded with tender clams. It really loaded..every spoonful has clams not like other watered down chowders at a certain unnamed location in Malibu near the Ventura County line....yep..you know already.

My chowder was delivered and the waittress tells me it also comes with shrimp cocktail! Yes, I'm in shellfish heaven! I quickly eat my thick and rich chowder and polish off my shrimp cocktail. My grilled halibut arrives accompanied with an ample sized baked potato and the add on clam strips. The halibut was thick and lightly dusted with seasoning and a pat of butter. There was also savory tartar sauce which I really like here.

This place has all you can eat fish and chips on Tuesdays if you so desire. I will be back again to try the crab legs and other seafood.

Price was reasonable. Everything was $18.48 which is a steal compared to other seafood restaurants. Will be going back!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for the great post, You should feature your services/products on the Lompoc community, classifieds section.