Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 2009..in a quick post

I have totally been neglecting my blog and people are complaining that I am not giving them their fix..ok...do I look like a street pharmacist?? This is work...not some quick fix production here! Just kidding!

I've been a lot of places this month so I will just list them and come back and comment on them later.

MINI REVIEWS IN ( )

May 1st-4th Jamaica
Royal Decameron dining hall in Montego Bay (buffet meals all the time, great callaloo and steamed vegetables here)
Jerk Chicken from Wayne off the street-Gloucester Street Montego Bay (I can't say enough but to eat this chicken if you can!
Rick's Cafe-Negril (great view of the sunset, food not worth the price...eat at your hotel, better deal than rick's)
Beef Patties from the guy on the beach-Negril
Peanut brittle from some guy on the beach-Negril

May 10th Encino, CA
Stevie's (delicious grits and catfish, hey, I am a southern girl you know!)

May 15th-18th Saint Louis, MO
Cheesecake Factory (they're all the same...good salisbury steak and potatoes!)
Coco Louco Brasil-Central West End (capirinhas and pastels here are wondering, see Sarkan if you dine here)

May 18th-???? Houston, TX
Lupe's Tortilla (TexMex restaurant....umm, I'll stick with the Mexican food in Oxnard..it's so much better)
East Star Chinese Buffet (probably one of the best Chinese buffets...they had catfish on the buffet..I was in heaven!)
Chabuca's International (woowah...loved the ambiance of this place, food is great as well. It's a brazilian restaurant)
Pappas Seafood House (great crawfish, not sure what kind of seasoning they use but it's a bit spicy) !
Saltgrass (margarita pie...enough said!!)

I've got my work cut out for me but I am going to go ahead and name Chabuca's as the restaurant of the month....delish but you don't know that yet!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You forgot Outlaws Saloon in Camarillo!