Sunday, April 12, 2009

Carnival Cruiseline (San Diego/Ensenada, MEXICO) April 2009







I am copying this from another place I blog....






Quick Recap:






Thursday: I took the Amtrak from Oxnard to San Diego. This was a little over 4 hours. I arrived in San Diego about 12:15 PM I walked two blocks to the cruise terminal and got my stuff all geared up. I was on the ship by 1 and I was eating lunch by 1:30 PM. I walked around the ship and got acclimated..found the dance spots, the bars, restaurants and what not. I went back to my room and took a nap until dinner time. I did the early dinner at 6:00PM. I arrived on time and was seated at a table for 13.....I was the only person there for about an hour...didn't bother me at all!!! Ha ha, I met some table mates from Las Vegas and they were really cool. Late, but cool! I walked around a bit and went back to my room to sleep so I could see the 10:30 PM welcome show...umm, I didn't wake up till 2AM!! I told yall this was the SNOOZE CRUISE!!






ETA: For dinner, I had pan seared tilapia and some of the best macaroni and cheese known to man...please don't tell my mom!






Friday: We arrived in Ensenada, Mexico. I was debating taking a tour but decided..not to because I had already been there before and I promised my mom I wouldn't get off the ship....everybody so scared about what's happening in these border towns. I just took some pics from the ship. This was my chill out day! I was so happy they had grits from breakfast everyday!!!! That was a truly southern girl's highlight!!! I listened to some reggae on the sun deck and walked over to the adults only deck called Serenity. Got jealous and went to my room to put on my swimsuit!! Ha ha, I soaked in the hot tub for an hour or so. That was probably way too long!! Anyway, it was cool cause everybody talked to me! I got out of the hot tub and went back to my room and showered and SLEPT again until dinner. I ordered a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from room service just for the heck of it. I also ordered what they called the Mexican Mama drink...I think if I had lit that thing up, the whole ship would have been in flames! Anyway, I went to dinner for formal night! LOBSTER!!! Oh yeah and it was delish! This night I had some new tablemates from Huntington Beach. I watched one of their Vegas style shows which was very good! Anyway, after the show I decided to go listen to some people sing kareoke...by this time, I had had another drink so I was good and ready to sing!!! Well, I mustered up the courage to go sing Doing the Butt by EU Band.....oh lord...why did I do this. I had about 10 blonds from Southern Cali come up and me my backup singers!!!!! They were drunk and I was already tipsy as hell!! Anyway, I barely made it through the song but I did it!! They did a great job too...the next day, people were telling me how much they enjoyed the song and everytime they'd see me, I'd shake my butt and laugh!!! Ha ha, after kareoke, I went over to the Romeo and Juliet Club to listen to some live music. Ended up having another drink here and decided to hit the dance floor.....I did not stop yall!! Folks kept coming over telling me about my dancing...what can one say!!!!! I decided to be a real cruiser and I went to the Midnight Buffet which was Mexican food. They had these really good salmon enchiladas or whatever they were...SO GOOD!!!! I went to my room, watched tv and fell asleep!






Saturday: This was Fun Day at Sea. I had my usual grits again! This was pretty low key for me. I played bingo for $800..too bad I didn't win! Also watched the ice carving demo and the Hairy Man contest..I about died laughing on this one! I went back over the the adults only deck called Serenity and chilled out for a while. I ran into folks I had met and talked briefly. I went to the debarkation talk just for the heck of it! I ate way too much this day...they had some macaroni there that tasted way better than some people I know that really know how to make it!!!! I need to go on a diet now!!! I went to the sit down dinner and gave my facebook info to my tablemates to keep up with me. I did kareoke again and this time I did Jill Scott..A Long Walk..I won't do that again!!!! It was fun though! Also went back to Romeo and Juliet but I didn't dance. Just listened to music. Hit up the late night dining for a slice of pizza and headed off to bed!






Sunday: Woke up early and had breakfast by 7. I was out of my room by 7:45 AM and off the ship by 9AM which gave me plenty of time to get to the train station! I am back home!!!












I'll be back to clean this up with FOOD ONLY!!!!






No comments: