Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lobster Trap (Oxnard, CA) April 2009

Lobster Trap
805-985-6361
3605 Peninsula Rd
Oxnard, CA

I ate at this restaurant last week with an old friend I haven't seen in months. It was great catching up on old times with her. It was also funny watching her flirt with the waiter...I got to find her a man!!! Anyway, on to the skinny! I've never been to this restaurant but I read the reviews and wasn't sure what to expect. I had my trusty gift certificate so it really didn't matter!

First off, the view from this place is magnificent. Great view of the harbor.

We settled into a cozy booth to review the menu. I saw crab cakes on the menu and decided to order these as an appetizer. For my meal, I decided to be a glutton....I ordered the fried plate with fried shrimp, beer battered shrimp, calamari and clam strips. My friend order prime rib....as usual, I have no idea but she was licking her fingers in public...must be a good sign!

The crab cakes arrived and they were on top of what appeared to be some type of guacamole concoction. Ok, I've had several crabcakes in my life and I am used to the Maryland/Virginia/East Coast crabcakes. Umm...these crabcakes I had were the worst I've ever had. Something wasn't right and I didn't want to know what it was. When I say they were the worst, they were edible by all means but I'm used to that flaky, white crabcakes from the East Coast. Save you $10 and don't order these!

My fried platter could have fed the mulititude! This plate was massive...french fries piled up to make a fat kid like smile all day long. This plate is really for two people! Cost was $16.95 and I would say it's worth it.

Not much more to say about this place. I will try it again in the future. Stay away from the crab cakes...go to Maryland instead!

No comments: