Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pho Saigon (Port Hueneme, CA) April 2009

Pho Saigon
805-240-9334
826 N Ventura Rd
Port Hueneme, CA 93041

I typically don't go to Vietnamese restaurants..I'm just not that adventurous but I am working on that. I'm a changed woman...!!!! My coworker called and suggested that we eat at this place and I ok the recommendation. He told me that we needed to leave early because the place fills up. Well, I had no idea but that place was FULL..folks standing at the front waiting to sit down for a hot plate of whatever the speciality is!

I ordered a number 33 which is the shrimp fried rice and I ordered number 1 which are the eggrolls without the salads. Their shrimp fried rice is the best shrimp fried rice I have had in Ventura County. Now admittingly, I get our fried rice from Chinese restaurants but honey, the Vietnamese have got this art down packed. I don't know what they put in there but I went back the next day for a carry out order. The rice is $8.50 which is considerably more than other restaurants but once you taste it, you'll know why.The eggrolls reminded me of the crispy lumpia you can find in Filipino restaurants except these were longer/thicker and filled with a bit more mushrooms and cabbage plus meat.

I am definitely going here again this week for lunch...trust that. Say hello if you see me!

No comments: