Saturday, May 30, 2009

Picanha Churrascaria (Burbank, CA) May 2009




Pichanha Churrascarria


269 East Palm Avenue


Burbank, CA 91502


Phone: 818-972-2100








Ok, I just drove about an hour to eat at this place today. I wanted to go to Fogo de Chao in Bevelry Hills with some coworkers but we changed our plans to go another weekend. Anyway, I hopped in my shopping cart (Scion) and hit highway 101. I arrived a little after 5:30 PM I was very hungry since all I had previously today was a little potpie and a handfull of wheat thins...not exactly the lunch of champions!




I enter the facility and the hostess seats me. My waitress Anna comes over and asks me if I've been there and my answer is no. Well, she explains the concept and off I go to the buffet to fill up on salads and side dishes. This salad bar is fairly decent. They have the typical romaine mix, iceberg mix and side salads like pasta salad, tuna salad, cucumber and tomato salad and shockingly tabouleh which I actually ate. They also a hot food side with some Brazilian and American side dishes like black beans, mashed potatoes, rice, sauteed zucchini and other stuff including curry chicken soup.




I ordered the traditional Brazilian capirinha drink...this drink is not for a "social" drinker..leave it alone at all costs....just kidding, it's made with cachaca which is basically sugarcane rum. It's good and it quickly becoming one of my favorite "spirits"...heehee! A bit on the strong side so be careful!




The gauchos start coming around with the meat. You have to put up this small item if you want meat or not. I'm not much of a beef eater so I had a small slice of the tri tip which was very delicious. Also had lamb (sorry PETA!!!), spicy chicken, parmesean chicken, linguica and another type of sausage. They serve 15 types of meat but I was too full to try anything else...even being full, I had dessert. Brazilian flan...it was ok..a bit too browned on the bottom but otherwise ok.




I spent a total of $48 which wasn't bad at all considering you can literally eat until you pass out if you so desire. The cost for the dinner is $29.95 I will be coming back here again and bringing out of time guests.




No comments: