Friday, July 3, 2009

Lobster Shanty (July 2009) Cocoa Beach, FL

Lobster Shanty
2200 South Orlando Ave
Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
(321) 783-1350
http://www.cocoabeachlobstershanty.com/

I went here on Tuesday with one of my coworkers. We went for the early bird specials which are from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm

I looked at the menu and decided to get the crabcake and fried shrimp dinner. It came with either soup or salad bar or soup and salad....greedy me paid $1.50 extra so I could have both. The clam chowder here was pretty good..every bite had tasty clams. The salad bar is all you can eat and it's stocked with the typical iceberg, mixed greens and spinach. There is also pasta salad, several meats and fruits on this salad bar. The meal comes with a side dishe and I opted for the rice. I should have selected the sweet potato since that is what other people were eating. The rice was ok but I've had better. The waitress brings us some corn fritters...I really didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised to receive a hushpuppy like ball of corn meal with real corn kernels inside lightly dusted with powdered sugar. Ok, my coworker and I ate all of the fritters and we even asked for more....too bad we didn't get anymore! We didn't need them anyway!

My fried shrimp was typical. The tartar sauce was pretty good and I judge a lot of seafood restaurants based off of their tartar sauce! The crab cake was a small fried one but it was very good.

I'd definitely come back to this place again for dinner. Price was under $20 so mark this one as reasonable and a good value!

No comments: